A Rewarding Opportunity to Become Involved in
or Form Your Own Local Council
Video: Introduction to Local Councils
Thomas Day, the Director of the National Care Planning, explains in this short video the concept behind organizing a local council.
"The local council concept is simple. You will use your council and the Successful Senior Marketing System to open doors to new clients or customers that you currently cannot open by yourself."
- Tom Day, Director
What is a Local Council?
Local councils are led by a self-nominated Director. The Director invites professionals in the community to form a council team. A council is made up of 5 or more different types of senior service providers or advisors. For example, the Utah Elder Planning Council consists of 6 members with the following backgrounds: Elder Law, Home Care, Care Management, Reverse Mortgages, and Life Resource Planning.
Each Director uses the Successful Senior Marketing System (SSM) and the support of the National Care Planning Council to effectively accomplish their goals. For example, a council will offer workshops to community groups and local businesses, information and help for employers of caregivers, and comprehensive, "one-stop shopping" solutions to seniors and families who are dealing with the challenges that face the elderly. Local Councils also combine the marketing efforts of their members in order to reach a larger audience.
A basic reward for your participation in a local planning council is membership in the NCPC and in your state care planning council. These memberships include marketing and training support that help you to be more successful. Membership in the NCPC and State Councils starts at $15/month. This allows you to form your local planning for no additional cost beyond the purchase of the Successful Senior Marketing System.
Training and Instructions through SSM (Successful Senior Marketing System)
The SSM system is a complete training, support and instructional program that teaches you how to use the 5 principles for running a successful elder planning council. Purchase of the system includes:
- A free high-quality website for your council and your members
- 4 hours of valuable video training to use the system
- Complete instructions on community networking and collaborative marketing
- Complete instructions on promoting your council in the community
- Complete instructions on organizing and running your council
- Brochures, booklets and Internet marketing
- Outstanding community educational presentations with workbooks for over 30 different aging subjects
- Complete instructions on how to design your educational encounters to ensure that attendees will request your assistance
- Ongoing support from the National Care Planning Council