Visiting Companions & Caregivers of NEW JERSEY
Every day, every hour, all year long, we provide and support families in the greatest act of love that we call caregiving. We serve the following five groups of people.
- We serve older adults who want supportive living services DELIVERED IN TO the place they know by heart….their home so they can continue to live at home for as long as possible.
- We serve the adult children (some in the sandwich generation) of the older adults who want to remain in the home.
- We serve the social workers, case managers and discharge planners in offering options and solutions for their patients. We will go to the care settings 7 days a week to meet and design care options.
- We serve long distance family caregivers with nurse navigators, care management and care coordination services.
- We serve the public be offering a free caregiving and learning resources portal to make the complex and fragmented information simplified and useful with practical solutions that can be sued on the spot.
OUR STAFF INCLUDES:
- Nurse Navigators
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Life Enhancement Caregivers
- Personal Assistants
We help older adults with just about everything. Here are a few examples of what we do every day.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of things we do:
- Every day, we provide round the clock care to a lady who is very well with the exception of some short term memory loss. We live with her, we take her to church, to the doctors, to the hair dresser every week and to the country club when ever she feel like it.
- 2 times a day, we go into a home of an ex-marine officer who is partially paralyzed from an old stroke. We help him with his exercises, make a meal, pour out his medicines from a pill box, clean up, do the laundry, bring in the paper and then if we go grocery shopping we drop him off at an adult day center for card games and lunch and we pick him up after a few hours and take him back to his home.
- In the winter time, our caregivers fly to the West Coast and to the South Eastern States (in alternating weekly shifts ) to provide care for one of our clients (a retired doctor) who lives in the South and the West Coast during the Winter months. Our care givers do just about everything for him that his family would do: cook, clean, drive him around, play golf, watch the Indians practice, go to dinner and even the Opera.
- Three days a week, we go into the home of this retired accountant. She lives with her daughter and son in law who are both doctors with very busy lives. We help her with her shower, we style her hair, get her dressed and then we take her to adult day care. Her daughter picks her up and takes her home at the end of the day. This is the way they provide 24 hours care to her without paying a lot of money (adult day care cost about 3 times less than in home care) and without doing all the care by themselves.