Sundance Care Specialists; an Aging Life Care™ Company "The Experts in Aging Well"
What is Aging Life Care™?
Aging Life Care / geriatric care management is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life Care™ Managers provides the answers at a time of uncertainty. Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
- Assessment and monitoring
- Planning and problem-solving
- Education and advocacy
- Family caregiver coaching
Aging Life Care™ Manager = An Aging Life Care Manager, also known as a geriatric care manager, is a health and human services specialist who acts as a guide and advocate for families who are caring for older relatives or disabled adults. The Aging Life Care™ Manager is educated and experienced in any of several fields related to aging life care / care management, including, but not limited to nursing, gerontology, social work, or psychology, with a specialized focus on issues related to aging and elder care.
The Aging Life Care™ Manager assists clients in attaining their maximum functional potential. The individual’s independence is encouraged, while safety and security concerns are also addressed. Aging Life Care™ Professionals are able to address a broad range of issues related to the well-being of their client. They also have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of resources in their communities.
Aging Life Care™ Managers become the "coach" and families or clients the "team captain."
Aging Life Care™ Managers are members of the Aging Life Care Association™ (ALCA) and differ from Patient Advocates, Senior Advisors, Senior Navigators, and Elder Advocates. ALCA members must meet stringent education, experience, and certification requirements of the organization and all members are required to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Sundance Care Specialists provide the following services:
- Housing / Placement Options
- Care Consultation & Planning
- Care Monitoring
- Local Resources
- Shopping / Appointments
- Placement Options
- Healthcare Coordination
- Legal / Elder Law Referral
- Crisis Intervention
- Health & Disability
- Physician Referral
- Home Health Information
- Mental Health Resources
- Alzheimer's Resources
- Community Resource Referrals
- Who Uses Care Manager Services?
- Individuals: Adult Children / Families
- Banks &Trust Officers
- Physicians Attorneys
- Social Service Providers, Gerontology Professionals, Assisted Living Communities
- Senior Housing Communities, Mental Health Professionals, Nursing Homes
How do you know that you need an Aging Life Care™ Professional?
When caregiving for an aging family member becomes overwhelming, it may be time to contact an Aging Life Care™ Manager. You may need an Aging Life Care™ Manager if:
- The person you are caring for has limited or no family support.
- Your family has just become involved with helping the individual and needs direction about available services.
- The person you are caring for has multiple medical or psychological issues.
- The person you are caring for is unable to live safely in his/her current environment.
- Your family is either "burned out" or confused about care solutions.
- Your family has a limited time and/or expertise in dealing with your loved ones’ chronic care needs.
- Your family is at odds regarding care decisions.
- The person you are caring for is not pleased with current care providers and requires advocacy.
- The person you are caring for is confused about his/her own financial and/or legal situation.
- Your family needs education and/or direction in dealing with behaviors associated with dementia.