15% DISCOUNT & FREE SHIPPING
Book will ship the final week of January, 2020
$89.00 | 2020 Edition | 500 pages & Disc
This new 2020 edition of our "How to Apply Book" is an important revision. It represents our practical experience with the major changes to the rules in 2018 and 2019. Since we first began printing this helpful handbook in 2014, we make yearly revisions that we believe are important. All previous year's additions are now out of date. This publication is a welcome and much needed resource for veterans of any age, and for their surviving families, and for those who assist them. This book provides current information on VA Law and step by step instructions to help you submit "Fully Developed Claims" to VA's Intake Centers.
Major changes to Veterans Benefits that occurred in 2019-20, including:
- New regulations pertaining to VA Pension and Survivor Pension (aid and attendance) - 36 month look-back, penalties for transferring assets, bright-line net-worth limit, and more...
- Important new rules pertaining to unfavorable decisions and how those are handled
- Several new forms and important revisions of existing forms
- New rules pertaining to when fees can be legally be charged for assistance with claims
This NEW "How to Apply" book includes:
- A new chapter for understanding successful fully developed claims under VA’s current claim system
- 2020 Rates for Pension, Compensation, DIC, SMC, and more...
- Case Studies involving the New Rules for Pension and Survivor Pension
- Understanding aid and attendance and housebound allowances
- How assets can be reduced to meet the new bright line net worth limit with aid and attendance pension
- Newest filing procedures for Pension and Survivors Pension with Aid & Attendance or Housebound Allowances,
- Newest filing procedures for Compensation (service-connected disabilities incurred or aggravated during active military service) including Presumed Service-Connected, POW, Chronic Conditions, Ionizing Radiation, Agent Orange, Disability Caused by Illness, Combat or Other Injury, Existing Conditions, Exposure to Hazards, Chemicals and Harmful Environmental Conditions, PTSD – Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Noise Induced Hearing Loss with Tinnitus, PTIU – Permanent and Total Disability Due to Individual Unemployability, Gulf War Disorders, Reevaluation or Change for an Existing Benefit, Section 1151 Claim, Tropical Diseases, and more...,
- Newest filing procedures for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), a death benefit for survivors of veterans who died on active duty or as a result of service-connected disability or as a result of improper treatment from VA healthcare or rehabilitation services,
- How to Apply for DIC denials (the survivors benefit) for a surviving spouse
- Newest procedures on how to obtain additional long term care allowances for Compensation, Special Monthly Compensation (SMC), and DIC,
- Updates on entitlement for Veterans Health Care,
- Application instructions for Burial Benefits, Accrued Benefits, and CHAMP VA, and
- Information regarding Vocational Rehabilitation, Homeless Veteran Support, and more...
This book also provides information on:
- New rules and procedures for reviews and appeals for adverse decisions,
- Why there are more unfavorable decisions for compensation claims and how to get around the problem with unfavorable decisions
- Obtaining survivor income benefits when the deceased veteran was not on claim,
- Advantages for obtaining private nexus opinions for Compensation Claims,
- State Veterans Nursing Homes,
- Home Improvement Grants,
- Handling Denial Letters, Submitting New and Relevant Evidence, and Making an Appeal, and
- Loan Guaranty, Education Benefits, and more...
Claim Support Disc included!
Disc - Intake Center Mailing/Faxing Information, 240 + Current VA forms, 2020 Benefit Rates, Detailed Checklists (instructions for each type of claim), Medical Examination Worksheets, and Medical Questionnaires, and the Federal Register Publication for Net Worth, Asset Transfers, and Income Exclusions for Needs-Based Benefits.
Message from the Author, Thomas Day
"There are scores of books available on veterans benefits. We have perused a number of them through purchase and many others through published tables of content and published excerpts and we believe that none of them contain the level of instructions on the complicated claim processes that we provide in this publication. Many of these other books describe how to qualify for the benefits and what the benefits are and then obliquely reference a few forms that can be obtained online. Others do go into more detail on what encompasses a successful claim but they do not provide step-by-step instructions. It is our opinion that none of these books would adequately assist you in filing a successful claim. We believe our book is totally unique in providing you the nuts and bolts, step-by-step instructions and strategies to file successful claims for the four disability income benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs."