$79.00 | 2018 Edition | 576 pgs & Data Disc | Table of Contents
We are proud to announce publication of the new 2018 edition of our "How to Apply" book. It is a welcome and needed resource for veterans of any age, their surviving families, and for those who assist them.
This book provides current information on VA Law and step by step instructions to help you submit "Fully Developed Claims" to VA's Intake Centers. Most importantly, this "How to Apply" book includes:
- 2018 Rates for Pension, Compensation, DIC, and SMC,
- Newest procedures for Pension and Survivors Pension with Aid & Attendance or Housebound Allowances,
- Newest Compensation procedures for service-connected disabilities incurred or aggravated during active military service (including Presumed Service-Connected, POW, Chronic Conditions, Ionizing Radiation, Agent Orange, Disability Caused by Illness, Combat or Other Injury, Existing Conditions, Exposure to Hazards, Chemicals and Harmful Environmental Conditions, PTSD – Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Noise Induced Hearing Loss with Tinnitus, PTIU – Permanent and Total Disability Due to Individual Unemployability, Gulf War Disorders, Reevaluation or Change for an Existing Benefit, Section 1151 Claim, Tropical Diseases, and more...),
- Newest procedures for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), a death benefit for survivors of veterans who died on active duty or as a result of service-connected disability or as a result of improper treatment from VA healthcare or rehabilitation services,
- Newest procedures to obtain additional long term care allowances for Compensation, Special Monthly Compensation (SMC), and DIC,
- Updates and enrollment information for Veterans Health Care,
- Application instructions for Burial Benefits, Accrued Benefits, and CHAMP VA,
- Information regarding the implementation of the new appeals process,
- Information regarding Vocational Rehabilitation, Homeless Support, and more...
This book also provides information on:
- New rules and procedures for appeals and adverse decisions,
- Obtaining survivor income benefits when the deceased veteran was not on claim
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up a new eBenefits account or filing paper claims,
- Advantages and pitfalls with using eBenefits for Compensation and Pension Claims
- Potential changes in asset and income rules for Pension, Aid and Attendance Claims,
- Advantages for obtaining private nexus opinions for Compensation Claims
- Advantages for obtaining private DBQ's for Compensation Claims,
- VA Regional Offices and State Veterans Nursing Homes,
- Home Improvement Grants,
- Handling Denial Letters, Submitting New/Material Information, and Making an Appeal,
- Loan Guarantee, Education Benefits, and more...
Claim Support Disc included!
Disc - Intake Center Mailing/Faxing Information, 240 + Current VA forms, 2018 Benefit Rates, Detailed Checklists (instructions for each type of claim), Medical Examination Worksheets, Medical Questionnaires, and an Addendum on VA's Proposed Rule Changes for Pension.
Message from the Primary Author, Thomas Day
"There are scores of books available on veterans benefits. We have perused a number of them through purchase and many others through published tables of content and published excerpts and we believe that none of them contain the level of instructions on the complicated claim processes that we provide in this publication. Many of these other books describe how to qualify for the benefits and what the benefits are and then obliquely reference a few forms that can be obtained online. Others do go into more detail on what encompasses a successful claim but they do not provide step-by-step instructions. It is our opinion that none of these books would adequately assist you in filing a successful claim. We believe our book is totally unique in providing you the nuts and bolts, step-by-step instructions and strategies to file successful claims for the four disability income benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs."